Thursday, June 11, 2015

How I'm Going to Make my Millions

My Bat Mitzvah was the best day of my life. It was Moulin Rouge themed, and I made my grand entrance by coming down in a swing singing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" just like Nicole Kidman did in the beginning of the movie. Also, someone started a rumor that I would be giving out iPods, so everyone came (with the exception of my middle school crush, who was rudely on a family vacation in Hawaii that very same weekend). 
#BatMitzvahBetch

So sparked my most recent million dollar idea– a Bar Mitzvah themed bar in which grown ups, Jewish or not, can re-experience the awesomeness that was the Bar Mitzvah season of their youths.

I call it: "BAR(mitzvah)"

Hear me out: 

The DJ will play exclusively early 2000's pop and hip-hop– think Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me", The Baja Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out (woof woof woof)", and the Lil Wayne song that goes "To the windows! To the walls!"– as well as a few well-timed Boyz 2 Men ballads so couples can get their slow dance on. There will, of course, be hype dancers to get people pumped up, lead the Cha Cha Slide and out glow sticks, temporary tattoos and light-up rings.

Each week, the bar will be decorated to reflect a new theme (Sports! Hollywood!Countries of the World!) and signature cocktails would be mixed with names like the "Joshua-Colada" and the "Zoë-tini"There will be an airbrushed T-shirt guy, a caricature artist and one of those booths where you can make a creepy wax mold of your hand holding a flower.

Attendants will play traditional Bar Mitzvah games including, but not limited to: Snowball, Pepsi/Coke and the limbo. 


The night will end with one lucky patron being lifted in a chair to the traditional HORA! dance, followed by an enthused rendition of Earth Wind and Fire's "Dancing in September"




... Hit me up if you're interested in investing. Seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment